Marine Electricians – Lockwood Boat Works, Inc.
Lockwood Boat Works – Central Jersey’s Premiere Marina requires a marine electrician to join our winning team. This candidate would be responsible for projects to examine, estimate, repair and overhaul electrical systems on ships brought to our facility. ABYC certifications are beneficial because you need to install, repair, and maintain electrical systems in accordance with electrical codes. We need an experienced technician who can troubleshoot problems and solve electrical and electronic problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check electrical systems, devices or parts for hazards, defects or the need for adjustment or repair and confirm compliance with the codes
- Works for the installation, maintenance, repair and replacement of electrical (AC / DC) and electronic marine systems for motor boats and sailboats
- Strong customer service skills for communicating with manufacturers and customers on technical aspects for recommendation, ordering, delivery and installation.
- Should be familiar with removal and installation systems including, but not limited to, HVAC plumbing, plumbing, wiring,
- Install Marine Electronic systems, including Ray-Marine, Garmin, WiFi, Bluetooth, and Sea-Talk systems, including recommendations, estimates, and installations
- Knowledge of mechanical work on O B, I O, inboard gas and diesel engines, which is helpful for winter storage and the necessary commissioning.
- We are looking for a person with at least five years of experience as a ship skilled worker in a reputable workplace.
- Some physical requirements include: – Climbing and working at heights of up to 20 feet on vertical or inclined ladders, carrying a tool bag weighing 20 to 30 pounds, lifting and carrying equipment and materials weighing 40 to 50 pounds
- Installation of marine electronic systems, including Ray-Marine, Garmin, WiFi, Bluetooth, and Sea-Talk systems.
Salary depends on experience. We have been in business for over 70 years and have a strong customer base. Send your resume to [email protected] OR fax 732-525-8209.
Lockwood Boat Works, Inc.
1825 Highway # 35 – Morgan
South Amboy, NJ 08879