HOW TO CHARGE YOUR giant twist accu E-BIKE BATTERY
Charging an giant twist accu E-bike is simple, but there are a few things you can do to increase battery life. These tips will optimize the performance and lifespan of your EnergyPak.
When you purchase your E-bike, it will probably already have a full battery charge and be delivered in “hibernate” mode. Ask the dealer to confirm. If not, you can charge it yourself.
– You can determine if an EnergyPak is in hibernate by pushing the energy level check button. The LED’s of the EnergyPak will not light up.
– Plug an active charger into the EnergyPak.
– Unplug the charger from the EnergyPak.
– The EnergyPak is now out of hibernate mode. When you push the energy level check button, LEDs will light up.
– The EnergyPak is ready for usage.
It is not possible for an EnergyPak to go back to hibernate mode once it is awoken.
It is best to avoid temperature extremes, both while riding and charging. Charging below 0°C or above 40°C (32°F/104 °F) can lead to insufficient charging and harm the battery life cycle.
– Charger LED will be continuously red.
– EnergyPak LEDs that are continuously red show charge level.
– EnergyPak LEDs that blink show charging is in progress.
When charging is completed:
– Charger LED turns green.
– All EnergyPak’s LEDs are red and then switch off
When you remove the battery to store it, make sure it is in a safe, climate-controlled space. You should not store the battery while it is empty or has a very low charge.
If the bike is not used for a longer period (one month or more) the EnergyPak is best stored:
– At 60% of its capacity (3 out of 5 charging LEDs).
– Separate from the bike.
– At temperatures between 0°C and 40°C.
Check every month to see if at least one LED is still blinking. Charge when needed, at least every 3 months. Failing to do so could void the warranty. When charging the battery, make sure it is in a dry location. Also be sure that the EnergyPak and charger are in a place where they won’t cause a fire.
Follow these steps, and you will get the most from your EnergyPak. More information: https://kwsseuren.nl/fietsaccu-revisie/giant.html