Fairfield Skyline hearth attributable to attic fan

FAIRFIELD, Ohio – The Fairfield Fire Department has determined that the fire that destroyed the Skyline Chili on Hicks Boulevard Tuesday was caused by an attic fan that shorted out.

The fire occurred around 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday

When firefighters arrived on site, the roof had already partially collapsed. Deputy Fire Chief Tom Wagner said they didn’t send firefighters into the house because they didn’t think anyone was inside the structure.

Dennis Kurlas, who has owned the Fairfield spot for 40 years, is glad no one was injured and plans to rebuild the house. “I’m glad no one was hurt, that’s the main thing because these material things can be replaced in two to three months.”

Comments are closed.