Entire-Home Attic Fan Causes Fairfield Home Hearth

Neighbors in Fairfield’s Pine Creek area helped alert homeowners and immediate rescue workers to an attic fire on Monday evening before the fire could do major damage to a two-story timber frame house or harm its residents.

The fire apparently started with an attic fan throughout the house, according to a press release from assistant chief Chris Tracy.

Deputy chief Scott Bisson, who served as the field operations manager, said in the press release that homeowners “should exercise caution when using equipment that has not been used for a long time or if they are unsure whether the equipment is in.” is in good condition. ” Assignment.”

Subscribe to

Whole house fans are typically installed in an attic between the ceiling and living space and are designed to cool homes by drawing in hot air and pushing it out through vents.

In this case, the system appears to be malfunctioning.

Subscribe to

At 6:25 p.m. dispatchers received an emergency call that a house at 87 Old Dam Road was showing “fire from the roof” and another call that the neighbors could “knock on the door and remove the family from the residence”. “According to Tracy’s press release.

Firefighters came to find smoke from a north gable of the house, Tracy said. They entered the house and entered the attic through its hatch. There the firefighters saw that the fire was contained in the fan and the surrounding insulation. They extinguished it with water from a 1.75-inch hose line, the press release said.

“Fortunately, we were able to put out this fire quickly before it became unmanageable and called the fire department due to a vigilant neighbor who alerted the family to evacuate before anyone was injured,” Bisson said in the press release.

The response to the call was extensive and, according to the press, included Fairfield Fire Engines 1, 2, 4, and 5, Ladders 1 and 2, and Cars 1, 3, and 5, as well as Fairfield Police, City Planning Officers, and American Medical Response Release .

and the Bridgeport fire departments sent units to cover mutual aid in Fairfield, the press release said.

“After talking to the residents, Bisson found that the residence on Old Dam Road remained habitable with relatively little smoke and water damage,” the press release said.

Firefighters cleared the scene completely at 7.26 p.m.

To request the removal of your name from an arrest report, please send these required items to [email protected]

Roof fan throughout the house causes fire at Fairfield House

The rules for answering:

  • Be polite. This is a space for friendly local discussion. No racist, discriminatory, vulgar or threatening language will be tolerated.
  • Be transparent. Use your real name and secure your claims.
  • Keep it local and relevant. Make sure your answers stay on the topic.
  • Read the patch community guidelines.

Reply to this articlereply

Comments are closed.