Electricians, Ironworkers Recruiting Apprentices | New Metropolis, NY Patch
Two Hudson Valley unions launch apprentice recruitment programs. One application can be made online and the other must be made in person.
The ironworkers, Local Union 417, will conduct a recruitment for 10 external trainees from September 11th to May 31st, 2021. Applicants must live in Dutchess, Orange, Putman, Rockland, Sullivan, or Ulster counties.
The Westchester-Fairfield Joint Electrical Apprenticeship Training Committee, Union No. 3 IBEW will recruit 15 apprentice electricians from September 15 to 14, 2021. Applicants must have been resident within 100 km of White Plains in the past two years.
For ironworker training, applications must only be submitted in person at the Union Office, 583 Route 32, Wallkill, NY, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding public holidays) during the recruiting period. All applications must be received by May 31, 2021 at the latest.
Applicants for iron workers:
- Must be at least 18 years old. Proof is required after the selection and before enrollment in the teaching.
- Must have a high school diploma (e.g. TASC or GED). Proof is required.
- Must take a math and measurement test and be able to do some basic math. Must get a passed grade of 70.
- Must be physically able to perform the job of an ironworker as determined by a physical agility test conducted by Local Union # 417.
- Must pass a drug test at an approved facility at union expense after selection and prior to enrollment in the apprenticeship, if required.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to and from various workplaces and required classes at the approved school under local union jurisdiction # 417.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Apprentices may need to operate company vehicles.
- Must be able to purchase tools as needed. Tools cost around $ 400.
For more information, please contact Ironworkers Local Union # 417 at (845) 566-8417.
To apply for one of the electricians’ union apprenticeship positions, email [email protected] from September 15-14, 2021.
Completed applications must be mailed to WFJEATC, 200 Bloomingdale Road, White Plains, NY 10605, and postmarked by September 14, 2021 at the latest.
There is a $ 25 non-refundable application fee. Please note that you may be able to waive this fee. Fee waivers will be approved if demonstrable evidence of financial need is provided.
The committee requires applicants to:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a NYS-accredited high school diploma or high school diploma, e.g. B. a GED or TASC (copy required).
- Must have successfully completed a year of Algebra or a year of Mathematics from the Regents of High School (official certificate required).
- Must pass a medical examination at sponsor’s expense after selection and prior to enrollment.
- Must have reliable means of transport to and from various construction sites and required classes at the approved school.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate company vehicles.
- Must take and pass the aptitude test for electrical engineering.
For more information, please contact WFJEATC, Local Union # 3 IBEW at (914) 946-0472.
Training programs registered with the Ministry of Labor must meet the standards set by the Commissioner. Under state law, program sponsors cannot discriminate against applicants based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Program sponsors must adopt positive action plans for recruiting women and minorities.