Albert Lea attic hearth causes hundreds of {dollars} in harm

ALBERT LEA, Minn. – An attic fire caused major damage to a house in Albert Lea on Friday afternoon.

It happened in the 400 block of the Crescent Driver when Albert Lea called firefighters and policemen around 3:22 p.m. about smoke coming from the vents of a house. The crews arrived on site and found that everyone had come out of the residence and that rafters were burning near the bathroom fan on the north side of the attic, along with some insulation.

Firefighters put out the flames and removed any burnt material.

The homeowner told authorities she could smell something burning but assumed it was City Transfer Station that was burning the pile of brushes because she couldn’t see smoke in her home. It was a roofing company that came in to do some repairs from the last storm that had smoke coming out of the roof vents and calling 911.

The fire caused an estimated $ 35,000 damage. No injuries are reported. It is believed that the cause of the fire is a malfunction of the bathroom fan installed in the ceiling.

Comments are closed.