With spring just around the corner, it is time to start thinking about spring cleaning and making sure your HVAC system is ready for the warmer weather. Preparing now not only saves you time and money but possibly a lot of aggravation should your cooling system go down in the middle of the hot weather. It also makes you a smart homeowner!
Here are some tips from HK Quality Sheet Metal to ensure your HVAC system is ready for spring:
1. Schedule preventative maintenance for your system. Preventative maintenance will make your HVAC system last longer by catching problems before they do damage to your system. Air Conditioning Repair St. Joseph MO. A properly maintained AC unit will not only perform better, but also save you money by running more efficiently.
2. Change your filters each season. When you change the old filters with new, clean ones there is no dirt or dust coming back into your home. This allows your system to work more efficiently and gives you and your family cleaner air to breathe.
3. Invest in a programmable thermostat. Wi-Fi thermostats can be programmed from your computer or mobile device giving you the ability to control the temperature in your home while you’re away, helping you keep more money in your pocket.
4. Keep your HVAC units clean. If your heating and cooling units are outside, make sure to clear any debris that may be gathering around the coils. Keeping leaves out of the system will certainly help your system run properly.
5. Check for any air leaks and insulate. Air leaks from your insulation can cause your Hvac St. Joseph MO to run harder and less efficiently which increases your energy bills and costs you money.
6. Clean all vents and registers. Keeping the airways clean from dust and other particles that build up, such as pet dander, helps to improve overall efficiency and keeps the air in your home clean. Air Conditioning St. Joseph MO
7. Inspect all pipe insulation and condensate lines. Any damaged insulation should be replaced to ensure your system continues running at optimal efficiency. A condensate line, which is the small dripping line coming from your HVAC unit, can cause drainage issues in your home if it is not working properly. Inspecting this line can save you from higher utility bills and damage to your home.
Let the trusted HVAC professionals at HK Quality Sheet Metal take care of your air conditioning repairs in St. Joseph MO system is ready for spring and help provide you with the comfort you deserve when the heat kicks in for summer.
Bobbie Lohmann 588 posts 0 comments